dentael, your local Ealing Dentist helping to solve your sensitivity problems.
Our modern dental clinic is based in Perivale Greenford with free parking.
What causes sensitive teeth ?
As your local dentist we’re here to help you with your dental concerns. Teeth may be sensitive for a number of different reasons. Teeth are often sensitive when dentine is exposed.
Dentine is the layer of tooth structure under the outer enamel layer. It has channels(tubules) that go to the inner nerve part of the tooth.
Dentine is often exposed near the gum line, when the gums pull away from the teeth or when gum tissue is lost. Dentine can also become exposed if the outer enamel layer on teeth wears away.
Below are some factors that can contribute to sensitive teeth :
- Tooth decay : This is a common cause of pain on hot, cold or sweet. Treatment may require a filling to be placed in the tooth
- Brushing too hard or using a toothbrush with hard bristles will lead to gum recession and/or tooth wear
- Sugary and acidic foods and drinks : this can lead to erosion tooth wear by wearing away the enamel
- Teeth grinding : this can lead to the tooth surface wearing away
- Gum disease : this can lead to gum recession ( the gums shrink back )
- A cracked tooth or filling : A crack can run from the outer surface of the tooth towards the root and the inner part of the tooth
- Age : Gums can naturally recede over time
- Teeth whitening : Some patients have sensitivity for a short time after teeth whitening
Tips to help prevent sensitivity :
- Visit your dentist to establish the cause of your sensitivity, so it is treated appropriately
- Brush your teeth twice a day effectively using the correct toothbrush.
- Clean in between your teeth using floss or interdental brushes to help prevent gum disease.
- Avoid acidic foods and drinks
- Avoid stress as this can lead to a teeth grinding habit
- If sensitivity is due to exposed dentine, using a sensitive toothpaste is likely to help. We let you know if this is suitable for you
- Our dentist may apply de-sensitising paste on your teeth over a number of visits
- Your may require a white filling to cover the exposed dentine. This is often a simple procedure.
To book your appointment with our friendly dentist … please call 020 8997 0006 or submit online appointment request form.
“ Very professional, high quality service. ”
“ Great service. Thank you! ”
Cosmetic White Fillings to repair that broken tooth !
Cosmetic Dentistry Ealing, Perivale – dentael
As your local cosmetic dentist, we offer Modern Minimally Invasive Dentistry to repair broken or decayed teeth. Cosmetic white fillings blend into the tooth, making them less noticeable, compared to silver amalgam fillings. They also stick to the tooth thereby supporting the remaining tooth structure. This makes them a cost effective alternative option to crowns and also avoids extensive cutting of the tooth to prepare for a crown. Fees for cosmetic white fillings are on average approximately £100 per tooth compared to crowns which average approximately £550 per tooth.
Before treatment the front tooth had been chipped.
Result after replacing the metal filling with a white filling.
To book your appointment and find out how we can help you … please call 020 8997 0006 or submit online appointment request form.