Prevention to help you take control of your health …
We help you understand the risks of dental disease and how these can be reduced by simple measures you can do at home and preventative treatment procedures.
This can help reduce your number of dental visits, the amount of treatment and the cost of dental care, thereby saving you money.
We don’t just believe in helping to ‘ fix ‘ the problem, but to help avoid future problems.
We spend time to help you understand the causes of dental disease, and we explain and show you what to do in your daily homecare routine to reduce your risks to them.
We develop a Personal Dental Care Plan specifically tailored to each individual patient’s needs.
10 Homecare Tips for Dental Health & General Wellbeing
1. Visit your dentist regularly, as often as recommended.
2. Clean your teeth twice a day using a fluoride toothpaste.
3. Replace your toothbrush every 3 months.
4. Clean in between your teeth using floss or a suitable product.
5. Reduce the amount & frequency of sugar & acidic foods/drinks.
6. Avoid tobacco use.
7. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption.
8. Drink plenty of water.
9. Eat a healthy balanced diet.
10. Exercise regularly.
Nowadays we have the technology to help prevent dental disease.
Some preventative treatments are listed below :-
- Fluoride application : This can help to prevent and arrest early tooth decay and help provide relief for sensitivity.
- Fissure sealants : This is a protective plastic coating applied on the biting surface of the back teeth to help prevent decay
- Mouthguard : A custom made sports mouthguard should always be worn for sports involving physical contact or moving objects so as to prevent traumatic damage to teeth and jaws while playing. Specific mouthguards can also be used to limit damage to teeth caused by tooth wear due to clenching or grinding your teeth.
- Orthodontic treatment : Teeth positioned incorrectly can make you more susceptible to gum disease, chipping and wearing teeth.
10 Reasons why regular visits to the dentist helps …
1. keep your teeth for longer
2. have a cleaner, whiter smile
3. avoid bad breath
4. child’s overall development
5. general health with diabetes & cardiovascular problems
6. prevent problems from developing
7. spot problems early so treatment is simpler
8. simpler treatment saves money
9. receive prevention advice specific to you
10. maintain your smile to improve your confidence
To book your appointment … please call 020 8997 0006 or submit online appointment request form