Modern Minimally Invasive Dentistry to repair your teeth …
Healthy teeth not only enable you to look and feel good, they also make it possible to eat and speak properly.
Cosmetic Dentistry Greenford Ealing – dentael dental clinic
Teeth that are decayed, broken or worn can often be repaired to avoid losing them. A number of treatment options are available for repairing teeth.
Signs of Decayed Teeth:
- Sensitivity to hot, cold or sweet
- Coloured marks on teeth
- Bad breath
- Unpleasant taste
- Hole in tooth
- Chipped or broken teeth
Modern Minimally Invasive Dentistry
At dentael, we focus on Minimally Invasive Dentistry. This involves preserving tooth tissue, preferably by preventing and stabilising disease from occurring and repairing teeth by removing as little tooth tissue as possible. (In simple terms avoiding cutting teeth where ever possible)
We offer white tooth coloured composite fillings which chemically bond to teeth, making them particularly good for use in Minimally Invasive Dentistry. They are usually placed directly in the mouth or may be constructed outside the mouth as inlays/ onlays and then cemented in place.
With latest techniques, these white tooth coloured fillings have a number of benefits :-
- Chemically bonding to the tooth, helps to support and strengthen it, without having to significantly cut the tooth compared to some other treatments.
- They colour blend into the tooth compared to metal amalgam fillings, thereby making them less noticeable.
- These advanced direct white fillings can often repair teeth, that in the past would have been crowned. They have the advantage of being more conservative as they require less tooth cutting than when preparing a tooth for a crown.
- When placing direct white fillings, the treatment is usually completed in one appointment, thereby avoiding multiple visits that are often required with crowns and veneers.
- They are more cost effective compared to crowns. A large direct white filling on average costs approximately £150 where as a crown on average costs approximately £550.
Direct white fillings, apart from treating decayed or damaged teeth, can also be used to improve the appearance of the smile by closing gaps or reshaping teeth.
Repairing chipped and worn teeth with direct white fillings have the advantage of being more cost effective than other more complex restorative treatments such as veneers. Patients also benefit with treatment usually completed on the one appointment thereby giving immediate results.
Other Minimally Invasive Dental Treatments available are Professional Teeth Whitening to lighten the colour of teeth and Adhesive Bridges which can fill gaps by replacing missing teeth.
Root Canal Treatment
This is required to restore a tooth if the nerve part of the tooth is involved.
It is intricate treatment and although with latest techniques, success rates are high, like any procedure involving biological tissue, it may not be successful. Most teeth that are root treated are recommended a crown to help reduce the risk of the tooth fracturing. If the tooth is very broken down, sometimes a post may be needed to be placed in the root, following the root fillings, in order to help build up the tooth, prior to placing the crown.
Sometimes crown are unavoidable.They may be needed to help provide support to a tooth especially after root canal treatment. If a crown is required it can be all ceramic metal free tooth coloured, or porcelain bonded to metal or all metal. The tooth will have to be shaped prior to placing a crown.
These are thin facings placed on teeth which may be constructed in different dental materials. Often, as with crowns the tooth needs to be cut and shaped prior to placing a veneer. However, in some situations we may be able to use Minimally Invasive Dentistry techniques to avoid cutting tooth structure.
It is not always possible to save a tooth, and sometimes it may have to be extracted.
Once a tooth is extracted, there are usually the following options :
- accept the space
- fill the space with a denture
- fill the space with a bridge
- fill the space with an implant
To book your appointment so we may discuss your dental needs … please call 020 8997 0006 or submit online appointment request form
“ I had a really great experience at the dentist.
Rashpal & Sabeeta were very calming when it came to my procedure.
Clear, friendly & helpful. ”